At Ash Hill Academy we feel very strongly that curriculum design has a major part to play in the meeting of students’ needs. We have tried to provide opportunities for ‘assessment when ready’ and choice, flexibility and progression are key elements of our curriculum offer. We see the curriculum as the building blocks on which good teaching and learning can take place.
KS3 (Years 7 & 8) – key features
* Broad range of subjects: English, Maths, Science, Geography, History, French, Religious Studies, Design & Technology, Performing Arts, Art, ICT, PE.
* All Year 8 students will select their Key Stage 4 options in the Spring term of Year 8.
KS4 (Years 9, 10 & 11) – key features
* Each week has 25 periods.
* 16 periods per week for core subjects in years 9 & 11 and 13 periods per week for core subjects in year 10. Core subjects: English, Maths, Science, PE, Life Skills (including Religious Studies)
* 3 periods per week for 3 option subjects in years 9 and 4 periods per week for 3 option subjects in year 10. These options subjects are designed to be two year courses.
* Students may then have the opportunity to study a further option subject in Year 11.
* Range of vocational courses on offer.
* All students are entered for English, Maths and Science GCSEs at the end of Year 11.
* Opportunities for students to have extra ‘booster’ time for English and/or Maths.
To find out more about the Curriculum, in particular how it is applied in each subject area, please click on the links on the menu to the left.