Mrs T Page, Assistant Principal - Inclusion
At Ash Hill Academy we are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all of our students whatever their needs or abilities.
We aim to:
- Ensure all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to individual needs and abilities
- Ensure the identification of students with SEN provision as early as possible
- Ensure parents of SEN students are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment
- Ensure that SEN students are involved in decisions affecting their provision.
For more information, please see the SEN Report.
We use a number of different approaches to SEN intervention, including:
A computer based interactive way of learning that enables students to improve skills and confidence with reading, writing and spelling.
Students work and progress through a series of short books appropriate to their level and ability. They listen to an audio of the book a number of times until they feel confident enough to read the text out loud word perfectly and with appropriate expression.
This is a book-based structured one to one intervention where leaners are supported in their reading of a book so that they can activate word recognition processes and language comprehension processes.
One to one or small group support
Identified students work on a one-to-one basis or as part of a small group to improve literacy and numeracy skills and self-esteem and confidence through shared activities and games.
‘I am unique!’
Part of the Enrichment program at Ash Hill Academy - Some of our most vulnerable students work in small groups to improve self-esteem, confidence, and develop social skills.
- SEN Information report 1 10 14.pdf (177 KB)