Careers support during school closures
Dear Student and Parent/ Carer
Continuation of Careers Support for Students and Parents/Carers
We hope this finds you well in these challenging times. As schools are now closed for the majority of students, we wanted to let you know that you can still get in touch with us. We are operating remotely and are able to support students in all year groups who wish to discuss their future career options. We are impartial and qualified careers advisers.
We offer information and guidance on a number of topics including:
Options after Year 11:
Helping you to research/ apply for a place in a 6th form, college, apprenticeship or training; and giving you information on qualifications such as BTECs and A Levels to assist you in making decisions about your future.
Any queries about universities, degree subjects and applying for a place in Higher Education.
Careers advice & guidance:
Helping you to identify a career which matches your skills, abilities and interests and to understand routes into different careers.
The local and national labour market:
Guiding you on which careers are in high demand now and are set to expand in the future.
Advice on finding employment or training:
Helping you with CV writing, finding and researching vacancies, completing application forms and developing your interview skills.
The services you have available to you are as follows:
Remote student and parent/carer support
- Although the emphasis will be on Year 11/12/13 during the next few months, any student is welcome to contact us if they wish to talk about their next steps or career plans.
- As a parent/carer you might want to take this opportunity for a chat to talk about your child’s future career plans and to find out about the different routes and local opportunities that are available.
Requests for this service can be made through your Delta Email or here. You should receive a reply to your enquiry within 48 hours (Monday to Friday).
Students should only get in contact by using their DELTA Email and never a personal Email address.
- In the first instance, students should go to the careers section of the academies website to access information. This can be found here: www.ashhillacademy.org.uk/careers
- Secondly, they can access information on the CareersInc Portal, which can also be found in the careers section of the academies website or students can access this directly here: www.careersinc.uk/delta-ash-hill.
- Finally, students can also access a wide range of careers information on ‘Start Profile’ – click here.
With so much online advice available to you and your parents/carers and given the unprecedented times we are in, we would still recommend that you make the time to talk this information though with us. We are working with your academy to keep you up to date on changes to local and national policy and the potential impact this could have on your career plans.
Ash Hill Academy