How do I contact the academy?
- Telephone: 01302 840961, our switchboard is open Monday – Friday from 8.00-16.00 and You are able to leave a voice message outside of these hours.
- SchoolComms (text messaging service) app (if you haven’t signed up to this app, details can be here. School Comms Letter
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to speak to a member of staff, please contact the Academy. It may not be possible to speak to them at that time, however, they will return your telephone call at the earliest opportunity.
What do I do if my child is absent from school?
- Please telephone 01302 840961 option 1 to report absence, before 8.30 am on the first day of absence or
- SchoolComms message (if you have the app, click on your child’s name, click ‘attendance’ then click ‘Notify’ (top right), type when and why absent then press ‘send’ (top right).
Please contact the academy on each day of absence.
What do I do if my child has a medical appointment during the school day?
Wherever possible, appointments should be made outside of school hours, however where this is not possible please inform the academy in advance of the appointment. This can be via a telephone call or letter. You will also need to provide a copy of the appointment card. You will then need to collect your child from Reception at the allocated time.
What do I do if my child needs to take medication during the school day?
Please contact the academy as soon as possible to make arrangements to complete the appropriate paperwork. We require written parental consent before any medications can be given to students. Medicines are kept in the First Aid room.
Longer term or more complex medical conditions will require a Health Care Plan to be completed. Please contact Mrs Hayes to arrange a meeting.
What do I do if my child has an injury (eg a broken/ fractured limb) and will need additional assistance in school?
Please contact the academy and we will arrange a meeting to assess your child’s needs and put any necessary support in place.
What do I do if my child needs time off during term time for exceptional circumstances?
Please complete a Leave of Absence During Term Time form (available from main reception) and send it with supporting evidence to the Principal. Please note that leave of absence for holidays will not be granted.
How do I pay for school dinners, music lessons, visits etc?
We operate a cashless system in the academy so all items are purchased through Parentpay. On joining Ash Hill Academy your child will have received an introductory letter to Parentpay with login and password details for you to set this up. If you don’t have this information or are having any difficulties in registering and setting up on Parentpay, please phone the office on 01302 840961 and someone will assist you.
Who is the academy’s uniform supplier and where can I buy uniform?
Ash Hill Academy’s official uniform stockist is uniform-direct, www.sptuniforms.co.uk. They have a store in Garforth, Leeds. They offer an excellent online ordering service and items can be delivered to Ash Hill Academy free of charge.
How do I find out how well my child is doing at school?
You will receive a report six times during the academic year (usually during the last week of each half term). In addition there is a parents’ evenings where you will be able to make appointments to meet subject teachers. Your child also has a planner and we request that parents check their child’s planner weekly to monitor homework or to see whether your child has received any detentions, (notified by a sticker in the planner).
What if I have a concern and need to see a member of staff?
You should contact your child’s Learning Manager who will be happy to arrange a meeting with you at the Academy at a mutually convenient time.