Leading Parent Partnership Award
Leading Parent Partnership Award at Ash Hill Academy
Ash Hill Academy was awarded the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) on 10th September, 2019. The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment was made by an external advisor, over a two-day visit.
What do we had to do to achieve the award?
Ash Hill Academy worked towards meeting 9 different objectives to achieve the award. These objectives are:
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
The school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents.
The school promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation.
The school provides a good induction for all new parents.
The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them to support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home-school links and to improve children's attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school.
The school provides good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school.
The school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines its future plans.
The LPPA provides a challenging framework to enable schools to strengthen their partnership with parents and carers. It is a developmental process which, through the involvement of parents, aims to enhance children life chances at all stages from nursery to secondary. The Award is a key tool for school self-evaluation, complements the standards required by Ofsted, Investors in People and other national awards and provides ongoing evidence relevant to the school Self Evaluation Form (SEF).
Having achieved the award, we will continue to check that we maintain these high standards of partnership and to work on our areas for development.
What can families do to help our partnership?
- Read all letters and publicity we send out
- Come along to our events if you can.
- Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can
- Talk to us about any ideas you have to make Ash Hill Academy even better
- Join our Parent Partnership Group to contribute to future developments in the academy