· Blazer - Black, incorporating the DELTA logo.
· Shirt* - Plain white with collar and top button.
· Trousers - Plain black. They should be loose fitting trousers. Skinny trousers, jeggings and jean styles are not allowed.
· Skirt - (optional) Plain black, they should be straight and knee length. Tight fitting Lycra skirts are not appropriate.
(Trousers and skirts made from elasticated and Jersey materials are not considered as acceptable uniform.)
· Tie - Standard DELTA tie
· Socks or Tights - Plain black
· Shoes - Plain black shoes (flat or low heeled). Canvas, boots, suede, pump or trainer style footwear is not permitted. There should be no gold or coloured trim.
· Polo Shirt** - Royal blue/black with the DELTA logo
· Tracksuit bottoms - Plain black or with DELTA logo
· Sports Rugby Shirt Long sleeved** - Royal blue/black with the DELTA logo
· Shorts - Plain black or with DELTA logo
· Socks - Plain black football socks
· Kit Bag
* Please note, the DELTA shirts are optional and shirts may be purchased from other retailers, however, please ensure that these are plain white with no patterns or logo. They must button to the collar to take a clip-on tie. They may be long or short sleeved.
** Please note, either PE Shirt is acceptable. It is not compulsory to purchase both.
In addition to all items referred to in the DELTA Academies Trust behaviour policy, e-cigs and all related items are banned from the academy.
Jewellery, Hair and make-up
No jewellery and the school rule is for no make-up other than discreet foundation at Ash Hill Academy. Shaved, or partly shaved haircuts and hairstyles dyed in unusual ways or in an unnatural shade or shades are unacceptable. Any hair accessories worn should be plain and either black or brown. Hair extensions are not permitted. Nail varnish and nail extensions are not permitted. Any form of tattooing is strictly forbidden. This is a criminal offence as laid down under the ‘Tattooing of Minors Act’.
Important points to remember
- Shoes must be plain black (there must be no gold or coloured trim).
- Boots, trainers or pumps may not be worn (students wearing trainers/boots or inappropriate shoes must borrow school shoes for the day).
- Skirts must be plain black and knee length. Tight fitting Lycra skirts are not appropriate.
- Hoodies and tracksuit tops are not allowed.
- Make up should be natural and limited to foundation and concealer.
- Bags must be black and able to take an A4 folder.
It is now the expectation that students wear P.E kit in lessons even when they are excused. We believe that students can take an active role in their P.E lesson such as; leading small groups, umpiring games, setting up and collecting equipment or analysing performance regardless of minor injuries or illness. Students will also benefit from keeping uniform clean and dry and will therefore be more comfortable for the rest of the school day.
In cold weather we encourage students to wear their school P.E jumper and Tracksuit bottoms in order to keep warm. We would obviously not ask students to get changed in the case of a long term or major injury/ illness e.g. broken leg (unless they wish to). We would also not ask students to get changed if this would cause them physical discomfort. Should your child be excused from P.E I would ask that you send a note in their planner on the day of their lesson.
All uniform items can be ordered online from our supplier DELTA Uniforms. The website www.sptuniforms.co.uk provides more detailed information.