Year 11 Teacher Assessed Grades update
I am writing to give you an update on what will be happening over the next few weeks for our year 11 students.
Teacher Assessed Grades
(A more detailed explanation of the process can be found by clicking here.)
- We have submitted our policy for assessing and grading GCSEs to the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) and we will publish our final version once the JCQ has passed our policy.
- Each subject area is collating student protfolios for use in determining Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs).
- Subjects will use a variety of evidence in their portfolios.
- Each school will need to speak to JCQ and explain the rationale of how they will determine the Teacher Assessed grades.
- All TAGs will be submitted by 18th June.
- Student portfolios will need to be submitted to JCQ. This will ensure compliance with Ofqual regulations and requirements thereby ensuring consistency throughout schools across the country.
- Exam results will be available on 12th August (further details will follow).
- Following results being issued, appeals can be submitted until 3rd September. (Appeals information can be found in the JCQ guide - link is above).
Year 11 Assessments
Amongst the different types of evidence to be used in the student portfolios, students will be sitting assessments in the exam hall over the next two weeks. The schedule is presented below:
Year 11 End of School Year Dates
During the Easter holidays the government published guidance about the end of year arrangements for Year 11. You can find them here in Annex B. As you can see, the legal position has not changed and the official end of school year for Year 11 is Friday 25 June 2021.
We will keep you updated with developments regarding the expectation for students to attend the Academy.
If you have any questions please contact me on the school email address (email@example.com) or telephone number (01302 562541).