Year 8 Options
Following advice that we have been given recently, we are now able to offer all Year 8 students the opportunity to begin a Key Stage 4 subject in Year 9. You will study this subject throughout Years 9 and 10 and will pick two more options subjects next year to begin in Year 10 and complete in Year 11.
We are also going to ask you to indicate whether you prefer history or geography, so that we can tailor your Year 9 curriculum to your needs. You will study your favoured subject for two lessons per week and will spend an hour a week practising skills that are needed in both history and geography. This will mean that you are able to choose the other subject to study in Years 10 and 11, if you wish.
Information about each of the subjects can be found at the bottom of this page.
Where possible, we would like you to use our online options system to make your choices. However, please contact us if you would like paper copies of the options documents.
Please follow the following steps to use the online system:
- Step 1: Click on the following link to access the Academy's VLE: Ash Hill VLE
- Step 2: Log in with your school e-mail and password.
Your username will be the username that you use to log onto school computers, plus @ashhillacademy.org.uk
For example, if your normal username is beckfordj you will need to use the following as your username
Your password will be the same as the one that you use on the school computers.
- Step 3: Once you have logged in, click on the "Students" link
- Step 4: Click on the "Year 8 Options" button
- Step 5: Select one subject from the "Compulsory" list
- Step 6: Select one subject from the "Options" list as your first choice. You will also need to select two more subjects; one will be your first reserve and the other your second reserve. Please pick these carefully, as you may be placed into one of these subjects if we can't put you into your first choice.
- Step 7: Enter any comments that you want us to take into account. For example, you might want to write down the reasons why you want to study your first choice subject.
- Step 8: Remember to click "Submit"
The deadline for submission is Friday 19th June.
We will confirm which subjects you have been placed into, before the summer holidays.
Please contact the Academy if you have any questions.