Year 9 options - December 2020
Following advice that we have been given recently, we are now able to offer all year 9 students the opportunity to begin another Key Stage 4 subject. This subject will begin in January 2021 and will be completed during year 11.
This means that, from January, you will study: English, maths, science, one of geography/history/French, PE, two options subjects and Life (currently in form time).
(A video of the assembly delivered to year 9 students can be found at the bottom of the page.)
Please read the following information carefully.
You will continue to study the subject that you chose last year. Therefore, if you currently study either art, dance, drama, music, hospitality & catering or sport science, you will continue to study these.
You are currently studying geography or history. You will have opportunity to study French alongside this, or to replace geography/history with French.
You will also be able to choose one of the following subjects:
Hospitality & Catering
Information about each of the subjects can be found at the bottom of this page.
Choosing your options
Where possible, we would like you to use our online options system to make your choices. However, please contact us if you would like paper copies of the options documents.
Please follow the following steps to use the online system:
- Step 1: Click on the following link to access the options form: Online Options Form
- Step 2: Log in with your school e-mail address and password.
Your username will be the username that you use to log onto school computers, plus @ashhillacademy.org.uk
For example, if your normal username is beckfordj you will need to use the following as your username:
Your password will be the same as the one that you use on the school computers.
- Step 3: Select one subject from the "Compulsory" list. You have already chosen either geography or history. However, if you would like to study French as well, please choose French in this question and geography or history in question 2. If you would prefer to study French instead of geography or history, please choose French in this question.
- Step 4: Select one subject from the "Options" list as your first choice. You will also need to select two more subjects; one will be your first reserve and the other your second reserve. Please pick these carefully, as you may be placed into one of these subjects if we can't put you into your first choice.
- Step 5: Select one subject from the "First Reserve" list. Please pick these carefully, as you may be placed into this subject if we can't put you into your first choice.
- Step 6: Select one subject from the "Second Reserve" list. Please pick these carefully, as you may be placed into this subject if we can't put you into your first choice.
- Step 7: Enter any comments that you want us to take into account. For example, you might want to write down the reasons why you want to study your first choice subject.
- Step 8: Remember to click "Submit"
If you change your mind about the options that you have chosen, you can submit the form again. The most recent set of choices will be used.
The deadline for submission is 5pm on Friday 4th December.
We will confirm which subjects you have been placed into, before the Christmas holidays.
Please contact the Mr Cairns if you have any questions.