Year 9 Options
As discussed when you chose your options in Year 8, you will begin another subject in Year 10; you will complete this subject in Year 11. Therefore, we would like you to tell us which subject you would prefer to study. We would also like you to choose two reserves, in case we can't place you in your first choice.
Information about each of the subjects can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please note that if you already study Art, you are unable to choose Graphic Communication.
Any student who is in Set R1 for science in Year 10 will study Triple Science as their option subject. However, at this stage we would like all students to select an option, in case there are any changes to science sets.
Where possible, we would like you to use our online options system to make your choices. However, please contact us if you would like paper copies of the options documents.
Please note: the online form will not work in Internet Explorer; please use Edge or Chrome.
Please follow these steps to use the online system:
- Step 1: Click on the following link to access the Academy's VLE: Ash Hill VLE
- Step 2: Log in with your school e-mail and password.
Your username will be the username that you use to log onto school computers, plus @ashhillacademy.org.uk
For example, if your normal username is beckfordj you will need to use the following as your username
Your password will be the same as the one that you use on the school computers.
- Step 3: Once you have logged in, click on the "Students" link
- Step 4: Click on the "Year 9 Options" button
- Step 5: Select one subject from the "Options" list as your first choice. You will also need to select two more subjects; one will be your first reserve and the other your second reserve. Please pick these carefully, as you may be placed into one of these subjects if we can't put you into your first choice.
- Step 6: Enter any comments that you want us to take into account. For example, you might want to write down the reasons why you want to study your first choice subject.
- Step 7: Remember to click "Save"
The deadline for submission is Friday 19th June.
We will confirm which subjects you have been placed into, before the summer holidays.
Please contact the Academy if you have any questions.